Thursday, September 21, 2006

Heart Burn

I have NO groceries in my house, so I am reduced to eating my bloody mary bar.

Yes, you heard that right.

This year I reinstituted the South Austin grand tradition of the Pre-Austin City Limits Breakfast Taco and Bloody Mary Brunch. So, this past Saturday morning, I cooked up bloody marys for 30 of my closest friends before we all headed out to the festival grounds.

ANYWAY, the point is that I have ONLY bloody mary ingredients in my kitchen. And so that’s what I had for dinner tonight:

(1) two Vlasic Kosher Crunchy Dill Pickles - mygod, I love these! Maybe not as much as this crazy chic,
(2) some salsa
(3) some Spanish olives
(4) two glasses of spicy V-8
(5) some pickled okra
(6) a garlic stuffed olive; and
(7) some pickled asparagus spears.

And the BAD-ASS bloody mary bar doesn’t end there …

It included horseradish, wasabi, olives marinated in chilis, blue-cheese stuffed olives, indeed, many fine olive varietals ranging in size from 200-220 all the way up to 70-80, pepperoncinis, pickled carrots, pickled beets (OMG – if you are EVER in Fort Mill, S. Carolina – you HAVE to go to The Peach Stand), escabeche, Worchestershire (how the eff do you spell that?) sauce, habanero sauce, tomatillo salsa, pickled cherry pepper popper thingys, one of my fave secret ingredients, pickled cayenne peppers, and the rest shall remain nameless (mainly because I can’t remember and my heart burn is so bad right now I can’t be bothered to go do inventory).

1 Comments:

Blogger thesunwolf said...

Wow. You've come a long way baby, keeping that tradition and not dipping into the sauce.

Your self-control is to be envied...especially by me. I'm trying to get slender and taut again before I come back in Oct. The battle for the bulge (in my midsection) is getting bloody.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.