Thursday, September 29, 2005

To Tattoo Or Not To Tattoo

So, I've been considering (for about a year now) getting a tattoo in a discreet place. How discreet? Sooo discreet that it will be sort of embarrassing to actually have done. Basically, I am considering getting a tattoo on my PUBIC MOUND. Isn't that a funny term? I don't know if it's clinical or if I made it up or what. What I'm going for is a tattoo that could potentially become obscured if I quit shaving. Get it? I envision a beautiful magnolia flower.

I love magnolia flowers. In fact, my father planted me a magnolia tree for my 30th birthday. That would be a really sweet story if that were the whole story. But it's not. I had to (1) tell him that ALL I wanted for my birthday was for him to plant me a magnolia tree in our pasture; (2) defend magnolia trees in general; (3) remind him several times until he finally ordered a young tree; (3) then plant it myself a week after my birthday because it had been sitting around in its little starter pot forever and he couldn't seem to get around to it. Yep, I don't have the ideal dad. Anyway, I digress...

It's a sort of renaissance-of-my-life tattoo, if you will. It will be my Recovery Tattoo.

The large, creamy, fragrant magnolias were all in full bloom when I left The Clink in Atlanta and returned to my home...

3 Comments:

Blogger hotpinksox said...

a few weeks ago when E and I spend our Saturday night in the tat shop I decided I want a 4 leaf clover on my hip. Why a 4 leaf clover you ask . . . ? Because if I am taking my pants off to show you the tattoo, it's your lucky day!!!!!

Seriously, think about it every time you go to the OBGYN the doctor will be seeing it.

2:01 PM  
Blogger None At All said...

And.... (?)

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is most often refered to as mons pubis. an da tender spot!!!
i read an article about a young girl going in for surgery....who had died the hair green and had a tattoo "keep off the grass"....
while in surgery the doc wrote in marker..."sry had to mow grass!!"
your mom

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free counters provided by Andale.